The Difference Between 2020 and 2021? One Second.
"When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves" It's only one second of change as we move from 2020 to 2021. Not much else other than a page on a calendar.
It's great to get 2020 behind us but the reality is .......
COVID-19 is ranging, life threatening to the compromised. Social distancing and mask requirements remain in place. Small business, namely bars and restaurants will be closed on Day One. Jobs, your job, will continue to be in jeopardy.
This year has been a challenge that can't be minimized but it comes as a significantly learning about change and our ability to thrive in chaos. Those that build a timeless brand will thrive despite a changing landscape in 2021.
These 5 concepts are my advice to clients on becoming timeless .... regardless of economy, industry disruption, and even a pandemic:
1. Look for perspective. Nothing stands alone. What are the dependencies, impacts, reasons?
2. Go deeper than a headline or image. It's a thousand words that are worth a picture.
3. Invest in YOU, build YOUR brand. Create a memorable identity.
4. Live simply. Less is more. Without your financial obligations, what else could you be doing?
5. Be thankful. It's only when you are thankful that you can truly be happy.